For the Youth ChalleNGe program, mentoring is a supportive one-to-one relationship between an adult and an at-risk youth developed to facilitate the youth’s educational, social and personal growth, allowing the youth to become a responsible, productive and contributing member of his or her community and of society as a whole.
MENTOR FAQ[accordion] [accordion_section title=”What are the qualifications to be a mentor prospect for our program?”] You must be:
- At least 21 years old
- The same sex as the young person
- Within the youth’s community
- A good role model
- Consent to undergo and pass our background screening process
You must not:
- Live in the same residence as the youth
- Be a close relative (defined as parent, step-parents or siblings)
- Be a romantic interest of a relative of the youth or of the youth’s romantic interest[/accordion_section]
2) At least four times per month during the 12 month Post-Residential Phase (2 face-to-face contacts and two contacts by phone, mail, email, text, or other…)[/accordion_section] [accordion_section title=”Will I have to attend training?”] Yes, you must attend our training to be a program matched mentor. We offer training opportunities several times per cycle at our location. Hopefully one of these sessions will work best for your schedule. These dates will be scheduled about three weeks after the cycle begins. You will be notified by mail of the dates and time.[/accordion_section] [accordion_section title=”How do I contact my cadet?”] Cadets may receive letters, cards or appropriate magazines at the following address.
Cadet Name ____________ Plt # __
5471 Leesburg Road, Building 3891
Eastover, SC 29044
PLEASE NOTE: Youth ChalleNGe Cadets may not receive contraband (i.e. candy, food, inappropriate reading materials, etc…).[/accordion_section] [/accordion]